Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fall Obsession: PUMPKINS! Roasted Pumpkin Recipe

Hi all! Welcome to my blog!! So happy you landed here. I thought I would start my first post with my new obsession, PUMPKINS!!!!

This is just the first of many posts that will include something edible with pumpkins.

First thing you need for any pumpkin recipe is roasted pumpkins! {soo much better and cheaper than the canned puree}

The Dreams Weaver - Roasted Pumpkin Puree Recipe photo pumpkin1wlineredo_zps4ee30caa.jpg

The hubby and I went apple picking a few weeks back and happen to pick up one large pumpkin on impulse for Fall decoration…It served its purpose, and I don’t like for anything to go to waste, so I came up with a few ways to utilize the pumpkin in some Fall inspired recipes {stay tuned more recipes to come!}

apple picking photo applepickingwarrow_zpsd790c873.jpg

The base for all my pumpkin recipes is this really easy way to roast and puree my pumpkin.

You will need:
1 3-4 pound sugar pumpkin
Oil for drizzling
Some salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Slice the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds into a bowl {save the seeds!}


The Dreams Weaver - Roasted Pumpkin Puree Recipe photo Pumpkin2wline_zps671a9d8d.jpg

Place pumpkin, cut side up, on a baking sheet. You can cut the pumpkin in quarters, but halves do the trick for me. 

Drizzle with some oil, I use olive oil but vegetable oil will work if you don’t have olive oil, and some salt to season.
The Dreams Weaver - Roasted Pumpkin Puree Recipe photo pumpkin3wline_zpsdba5c769.jpg

Roast until the pumpkin is softened, roughly 35-45 minutes.

The Dreams Weaver - Roasted Pumpkin Puree Recipe photo pumpkin4wline_zps7100a24e.jpg

Let the pumpkin cool completely before scooping it from the flesh and mashing. I just use a fork to mash it up a little.


The pumpkin puree will last up to 5 days covered in the fridge, or you can even freeze some in an airtight container to use later.
 


Stay tuned for how to use the seeds!


No comments:

Post a Comment