Friday, July 11, 2014

DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub

I’m a huge fan of coffee, especially my new found love of cold-brewed coffee. After cold brewing, I am left with a ton of coffee grounds after. I wanted to find a way to re-purpose my leftover coffee grounds. I was researching ways in which to use them and stumbled upon a great scrub idea from The Kitchen on the Food Network.
Coffee, and caffeine in general, do amazing things for the body. Coffee intake has been studied on its affects, and drinking coffee helps prevent certain types of cancer! It is also an antioxidant. The grounds, when used as a scrub, are excellent exfoliates. They diminish the appearance of cellulite and tighten and tone your skin. Plus, you get to smell like coffee after! I love the smell of coffee.

DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub~ The Dreams Weaver
What you will need:
3 TBSP coffee grounds
1 TBSP sugar (any one will do, I used brown sugar)
2 TBSP olive oil (or coconut oil)
½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)

DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub~ The Dreams Weaver
Mix up all of the ingredients in a jar or some sort of seal-able container.
It will last up to 2 months in a sealed container. 


Enjoy!


 photo signature_zpsf75b5071.png

No comments:

Post a Comment